End of Life & Existential Distress Ketamine-Assisted Psychotherapy Training
For updates on PRATI webinars, trainings and other announcements join our mailing list.
End of Life & Existential Distress KAP Training Program
PRATI’s End-of-Life & Existential Distress Ketamine Assisted Psychotherapy (KAP) Training builds on our foundational KAP Training course by providing practitioners with the clinical skills they need to support end of life (EOL), existential distress, and palliative care patients and their families. Our program incorporates practical skills, clinical research, and hands-on experience with supported ketamine experiences to inform and empower you in this emerging field. This unique training provides a grounding in the use of KAP to support EOL and existential distress concerns and will serve as a foundation for work with other psychedelics (specifically psilocybin once legally available).
Upcoming EOL KAP 2024 Training Dates
Registration for these 2024 training dates are not yet on sale, and are subject to change. Please make sure that you are on our mailing list to receive updates about training opportunities. All training courses go on sale on the posted date at 9 a.m. Mountain Time.
- May 15th – 19th
- June 12th – 16th
- August 28th – September 1st
What You Will Learn
PRATI’s immersive training approach combines didactic presentations with experiential components in a retreat-style setting. The training experience involves work in dyads as well as large and small groups, offering a variety of opportunities for connection and learning. Over the four days, we will co-create a container for deep personal and professional growth supported by PRATI’s expert faculty and catalyzed by your own exploration of psychedelic medicine in the context of death and existential distress. As group cohesion and safety is a vital component of the training, we require all participants to stay on-site at the venue throughout the duration of the course.
This unique program will build on and add to participants’ foundational knowledge of psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy. You will gain practical skills and hands-on knowledge including:
- Two optional ketamine experiences supported by a fellow participant and faculty (contingent upon medical approval)
- Existential and EOL concerns
- Theory and practice of working with grief and loss
- Guiding patients and their families through the EOL journey
- Preparation and integration in end-of-life work
- Personal and professional explorations of grief
- Curation of the death experience
- Exploration of belief systems around loss and death
- Discussion of death rituals and ceremonial practices
- Understanding clinical care and family support systems at EOL and in the palliative care setting
- Roles of spirituality and religion to explore impermanence and non-attachment for caregivers, patients, families, and clinicians
- Skills on facing death and broken relationships as a gateway to end-of-life planning
- Community building and networking opportunities
PRATI’s EOL and Existential Distress Ketamine-Assisted Psychotherapy Training Program is designed for mental health and medical professionals who are clinically licensed/registered and practicing ketamine-assisted psychotherapy in their work. Candidates for this KAP Training program must meet both of the following criteria:
- Completion of one of the following experiential KAP training programs:
- PRATI, MAPS, Polaris, Ketamine Training Center, or IPI
- Clinical psychedelic assisted psychotherapy experience
PRATI recognizes that practitioners interested in KAP may come from a variety of backgrounds and orientations in medical and behavioral health care. Eligible fields of practice include: mental health professionals, nursing and medical professionals, social workers, counselors, chaplains, and hospice workers. If you are unsure about your eligibility, please contact us at email@example.com before registering. If it is determined that you do not meet eligibility requirements, your registration may be canceled and your deposit forfeited.
This KAP Training course is held in-person over four consecutive days. Training dates, times, and locations are specific to each course. Please scroll up to the Upcoming Group KAP Training dates section of this page for more information.
- $2,985 – Professionals (LPC, LCSW, LMFT, PhD, APN, NP, PA, RN, etc.)
- $4,430 – Physicians (MD, DO)
*Subject to change.
- If you cancel more than 60 days prior to the training start date, you will receive a full refund of tuition fees, minus deposit.
- If you cancel after the full payment deadline up to 2 weeks from the training start date, you will be refunded 50% of tuition fees, minus deposit.
- Cancellations 2 weeks or less from the training start date forfeit all of the tuition fees.
PRATI’s EOL Training Scholarship Program aims to transform hospice and palliative care and address the racial wealth gap in the United States. To this end, our Scholarship program places a strong priority on BIPOC identities and hospice and palliative care experience, when making award decisions.
A limited number of scholarships and application slots are available. Scholarship applications will be accepted until the scholarship application fund has been expended. Approximately 4-8 scholarships will be awarded. This scholarship operates as a sliding scale where applicants are given the opportunity to pay according to financial need. We require that all scholarship awardees pay the $500 deposit as an investment in this training. Please note that scholarships do not include food or lodging fees. Applications received will be reviewed, awarded/declined weekly on a rolling basis.
Those who are selected to receive a scholarship will be sent an invoice for the remaining tuition balance, if applicable.
Scholarship applicants not chosen will receive a full refund for their application deposit.
Focus and Priorities
- To make our EOL Existential Distress Training a more accessible event we are offering 4-8 full to partial scholarships with a hospice/palliative care experience and/or BIPOC prioritization, for those in need. These are intended for practitioners who want to attend but are genuinely not able to afford our standard pricing. For those who are financially comfortable, we ask that you value the effort and expense it takes to produce these trainings and pay our standard rates.
- The scholarship application form is not a “test” of need.
- Please do not consider application questions about personal identities, education, and licensure as definitive reflections of your lived or professional experience.
- We ask questions about racial and ethnic identities as part of our goal to measure and improve the diversity of the community we serve. These questions are optional, and when answered, are only one factor among many that are considered.
Decisions and Notifications
- We currently have limited resources and a small team to review scholarship applications and ask for patience during the time of review.
- We regret that we cannot approve all applications or provide status updates or individual feedback on applications or award decisions.
- We consider a variety of factors and involve multiple people in the decision-making process.
- All applications are blinded.
The majority of our KAP training programs are held in Loveland, Colorado at Sunrise Ranch. Please review accommodation details on the check-out page specific to each training. **Tuition price does not include accommodations or meals.
In addition to making tuition payment to PRATI, all participants must register with Sunrise Ranch separately, as they charge by the bed, not by the room. This payment will also includes all of the meals you will be receiving during the training.Accommodation options include shared and private rooms. We require all trainees to stay onsite for the duration of the training course to ensure safety and support group cohesion. Additionally, we do not allow family and friends to stay with trainees at Sunrise Ranch during the training experience, as this is disruptive to the container.