End of Life and Existential Distress Ketamine and Psychedelic Medicine Training
July 27 – 30, 2023
The PRATI End-of-Life Care Ketamine Assisted Psychotherapy (KAP) Training builds on our foundation KAP Training course by providing practitioners with the clinical skills they need to support end of life (EOL), existential distress and palliative care patients and their families. Our program incorporates practical skills, clinical research, and supported ketamine experiences to inform and empower you in this emerging field. This unique training provides a grounding in EOL and existential distress psychedelic medicine and a foundation for other psychedelics (specifically psilocybin once legally available). Participants will gain practical skills and knowledge, as well as hands-on experience.
What You Will Learn
PRATI’s immersive KAP training approach combines didactic presentations with experiential components in a retreat-style setting. The training experience involves work in dyads as well as large and small groups, offering a variety of opportunities for connection and learning. Over the four days, we will co-create a container for deep personal and professional growth supported by PRATI’s expert faculty and catalyzed by your own exploration of death and existential distress. As group cohesion and safety is a vital component of the training, we require all participants to stay on-site at the venue throughout the duration of the course.
This unique program will build on and add to participants foundational knowledge of psychedelic medicine and psychedelic assisted psychotherapy. Participants will gain practical skills and hands-on knowledge including:
- Two optional ketamine experiences supported by a fellow trainee and faculty (contingent upon medical approva)l.
- Existential and EOL concerns.
- Theory and practice of working with grief and loss.
- Guiding patients and their families through EOL
- Preparation and integration in end of life work.
- Personal and professional explorations of grief.
- Curation of the death experience
- Exploration of belief systems around loss and death.
- Discussion of death rituals and ceremony.
- Clinical care at EOL and the palliative care setting.
- Understanding family support systems at EOL and in the palliative care context.
- Spirituality and religion explorations of impermanence and non-attachment for caregivers, patients, families and clinicians.
- Skills on facing death, broken relationships as a gateway to end of life planning.
- Community building and networking opportunities.
The PRATI EOL and Existential Distress Ketamine-Assisted Psychotherapy (KAP) Training Program is designed for mental health professionals or medical providers who are clinically licensed/registered practicing ketamine-assisted psychotherapy in their work. Candidates for the PRATI KAP Training Program must meet the following criteria:
- Completion of one of the following experiential KAP training programs:
- PRATI, MAPS, Polaris, Ketamine Training Center, or IPI
- Clinical psychedelic assisted psychotherapy experience
PRATI recognizes that practitioners interested in KAP may come from a variety of backgrounds and orientations in medical and behavioral health care. Eligible fields of practice include: mental health professionals, nursing and medical professionals, social workers, counselors, chaplains, and hospice workers. If you are unsure about your eligibility, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org before registering. If it is determined that you do not meet eligibility requirements, your registration may be canceled and your deposit forfeited.
Select your preferred ticket level (Standard or Scholarship) by clicking the link, and completing your checkout / registration to secure your space. Please carefully review the Tuition tab below for registration fee and cancellation information.
Full payment deadline: June 12, 2023
Deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable. We are unable to transfer tuition payments to a subsequent training in the event of any cancellations. Please understand that cancellations impose a burden on our staff and the below policy covers us in the event we are unable to fill a canceled spot.
If you cancel more than 60 days prior to the training start date, you will receive a full refund of tuition fees, minus deposit.
- If you cancel after the full payment deadline up to 2 weeks from the training start date, you will be refunded 50% of tuition fees, minus deposit.
- Cancellations 2 weeks or less from the training start date forfeit all of the tuition fees.
Training Length of Stay
The training runs for four days, from July 27-30, 2023. Check in at Sunrise Ranch begins on Wednesday July 26 from 2:00 to 5:00 P.M. You may also arrive prior to the training start time of 8:45 A.M. on Thursday, July 27. The course will wrap up around 3 P.M. on Sunday, July 30. All times listed are in the Mountain time zone. Two optional Zoom calls (about 2 weeks prior and 1 week after) round out the training with opportunities to meet the faculty and reflect on your experience.
Each trainee must register with Sunrise separately, as they charge by the bed, not by the room, and this price also includes all of the meals you will be receiving during the training. Additionally, we do not allow family and friends to stay with you at Sunrise Ranch while you are in your training experience, as this is disruptive to the container.