Group Ketamine and Psychedelic Medicine Training
August 16 – 20, 2023
PRATI believes experiential learning with ketamine is the best tool to learn the practical and fundamental skills needed for psychedelic medicine. If you are ready to expand upon the knowledge gained from a foundational experiential KAP Training, please join our experienced family of group ketamine providers and educators to learn how to successfully run KAP groups at our brand new 5 Day Group Ketamine-Assisted Psychotherapy Training.
Our material will expand upon the prior training with new clinical skills specific to group work, which will empower you to deepen your practice in this emerging field. You will be implementing skills within small cohort-style groups of six throughout the 5 day training in order to prepare and grow professionally for psychedelic group work. The program is limited to 24 participants to support learning and relationship building. We are confident that you will find this unique training a valuable addition to the knowledge and skills you have already gained.
What You Will Learn
PRATI’s Group KAP training combines didactic presentations with experiential components in a retreat-style setting. You will develop skills through participation in the three roles of facilitating, journeying, and observing in small KAP groups with other trainees. Over the five days, we will co-create a container for deep personal and professional growth supported by PRATI’s expert faculty and catalyzed by your own exploration of psychedelic group work.
In addition to preparing you for the clinical application of group ketamine-assisted psychotherapy, participants will gain clinical skills and hands-on knowledge including:
- Clinical skills for co-facilitation
- Deepen competence in dosing and routes of administration in groups
- Learn new group-specific integration and ceremony through immersive activities
- Practice in facilitating, observing and journeying in small groups (6 sessions)
- The Nuts and Bolts of planning a group KAP session
- 3 optional ketamine experiences (dependent on medical clearance) within the small group
- Considerations of ethics and diversity within group psychedelic medicine
- Safety and other considerations specific to psychedelic group work
- Sound, somatic and ecological integration experiences.
- Community building and networking opportunities
The PRATI Group (KAP) Training Program is designed for mental health professionals or medical providers who are clinically licensed/registered practicing ketamine-assisted psychotherapy in their work. Candidates for the PRATI KAP Training Program must meet the following criteria:
Completion of one of the following experiential KAP training programs:
- PRATI, Polaris, Ketamine Training Center, or IPI
- **If the training program you completed is not in the above list or did not include an experiential component, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss eligibility prior to registering.
PRATI recognizes that practitioners interested in KAP may come from a variety of backgrounds and orientations in medical and behavioral health care. Eligible fields of practice include: Licensed mental health professionals, medical professionals, psychedelic nurse practitioners, social workers, counselors, chaplains, and hospice workers. If you are unsure about your eligibility, please contact us at email@example.com before registering. If it is determined that you do not meet eligibility requirements, your registration may be canceled and your deposit forfeited.
Select your preferred ticket level (Standard or Scholarship) by clicking the link, and completing your checkout / registration to secure your space. Please carefully review the Tuition tab below for registration fee and cancellation information.
Full payment deadline: July 10, 2023
Deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable. We are unable to transfer tuition payments to a subsequent training in the event of any cancellations. Please understand that cancellations impose a burden on our staff and the below policy covers us in the event we are unable to fill a canceled spot.
- If you cancel more than 60 days prior to the training start date, you will receive a full refund of tuition fees, minus deposit.
- If you cancel after the full payment deadline up to 2 weeks from the training start date, you will be refunded 50% of tuition fees, minus deposit.
- Cancellations 2 weeks or less from the training start date forfeit all of the tuition fees.
Training Length of Stay
The training runs for five days, from August 16 – 20, 2023. Check in at Sunrise Ranch begins on Tuesday, August 15 from 2:00 to 5:00 P.M. You may also arrive prior to the training start time of 8:45 A.M. on Wednesday, August 16. The course will wrap up around 3 P.M. on Sunday, August 20. All times listed are in the Mountain time zone. Two optional Zoom calls (about 2 weeks prior and 1 week after) round out the training with opportunities to meet the faculty and reflect on your experience.
Each trainee must register with Sunrise separately, as they charge by the bed, not by the room, and this price also includes all of the meals you will be receiving during the training. Additionally, we do not allow family and friends to stay with you at Sunrise Ranch while you are in your training experience, as this is disruptive to the container.