Ketamine and Psychedelic Medicine Training
July 13 – 16, 2023
PRATI believes ketamine is the best tool to learn the practical and fundamental skills needed for psychedelic medicine. Join our experienced family of ketamine providers and educators to learn about ketamine-assisted psychotherapy (KAP), ketamine infusions, and sublingual outpatient therapy. Our KAP Training Program course is limited to 28 professionals to support an intimate and personal experience.
We use ketamine as a jumping-off point to explore the transformational power of psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy. Our multi-faceted program emphasizes practical skills and information that empowers you to begin practicing in this emerging field. You will be immersed in a joyful collective of passionate, knowledgeable teachers and make connections with like-minded colleagues. We are confident that you will find this unique training both personally and professionally transformative.
Please add your information to this form to be added to the waitlist for the PRATI KAP training from July 13 – 16, 2023.
If a training is sold out, you can sign up for the waitlist to be contacted in the event that a space opens up. This waitlist is event/date specific. You will only be contacted if a space opens up for this specific training. Waitlists do not carry over to subsequent trainings. To get updates on future KAP training dates, please subscribe to our mailing list here: Sign Up for Updates. We often have last-minute cancellations, and these opportunities work well for those located geographically close to the training location. If you are in the Colorado area, we recommend holding the training dates open in the event of a cancellation.
What You Will Learn
PRATI’s immersive KAP training approach combines didactic presentations with experiential components in a retreat-style setting. The training experience involves work in dyads as well as large and small groups offering a variety of opportunities for connection and learning. Over the four days, we will co-create a container for deep personal and professional growth supported by PRATI’s expert faculty and catalyzed by your own exploration of ketamine medicine.
In addition to preparing you for the clinical application of ketamine-assisted psychotherapy, this unique program provides a grounding in the foundations of psychedelic medicine. Participants will gain practical skills and hands-on knowledge including:
- Two optional ketamine experiences (intramuscular and sublingual) supported by a fellow trainee and contingent upon medical approval.
- KAP and psychedelic medicine preparation and integration
- Guiding clients through non-ordinary states of consciousness
- Tools for eliciting transformative sessions
- Role of music and playlist creation in KAP
- Clinical care of severely depressed and suicidal individuals
- Best practices for dosing and routes of administration
- Considerations of ethics and diversity within KAP and psychedelic medicine
- Discussion of set and setting, ceremony, and ritual aspects of KAP
- Nature-relatedness and systems change facilitated by psychedelic medicines
- Community building and networking opportunities
PRATI’s Ketamine-Assisted Psychotherapy Training Program is designed for mental health professionals or medical providers who are clinically licensed/registered and will be able to practice ketamine-assisted psychotherapy in their work. Candidates for the PRATI KAP Training Program must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Active licensure or registration as a behavioral health or medical professional in good standing.
- Demonstrate at least 1,000 hours of direct experience providing medical or behavioral health services.
Current graduate students must be within 6 months of graduation at the start of the training date to be eligible for this program.
PRATI recognizes that practitioners interested in KAP may come from a variety of backgrounds and orientations in medical and behavioral health care. Eligible fields of practice include: mental health professionals, medical professionals, social workers, counselors, chaplains, and hospice workers. If you are unsure about your eligibility, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org before registering. If it is determined that you do not meet eligibility requirements, your registration may be canceled and your deposit forfeited.
Select your ticket type (Standard or Scholarship) by clicking the link above to complete your registration and secure your space. Please carefully review the Tuition tab below for registration fee and cancellation information.
PRATI’s KAP Training Scholarship Program aims to address the racial wealth gap in the United States and the intersectionality of health status, economic inequality, and marginalization by race. To this end, our Scholarship program places a strong priority on BIPOC identities when making award decisions.
If you are interested in a scholarship, please purchase a Scholarship Ticket and you will be sent a link to fill out the application. As a limited number of scholarships and application slots are available, please only apply if you would otherwise be unable to afford this training. We ask that all scholarship awardees pay the $500 deposit as an investment in this training. Please note that scholarships do not include food or lodging fees.
Deadlines for scholarship applications are listed within course registration pages. Applicants will be contacted once scholarship award decisions have been made. Scholarship applicants not chosen will receive a full refund for their application deposit. Please only apply for one training scholarship opportunity at a time!
Focus and Priorities
- To make our KAP Training a more accessible event we are offering 4 full scholarships, with a BIPOC prioritization, for those in need. These are intended for practitioners who want to attend but are genuinely not able to afford our standard pricing. For those who are financially comfortable, we ask that you value the effort and expense it takes to produce these trainings and pay our standard rates.
- The scholarship application form is not a “test” of need.
- Please do not consider application questions about personal identities, education, and licensure as definitive reflections of your lived or professional experience.
- We ask questions about racial and ethnic identities as part of our goal to measure and improve the diversity of the community we serve. These questions are optional, and when answered, are only one factor among many that are considered.
Decisions and Notifications
- We currently have limited resources and a small team to review scholarship applications and ask for patience during the time of review.
- We regret that we cannot approve all applications or provide status updates or individual feedback on applications or award decisions.
- We consider a variety of factors and involve multiple people in the decision-making process.
Training Length of Stay
The training runs for four days, from July 13 – 16, 2023. Check in at Sunrise Ranch begins on Wednesday, July 12 from 2:00 to 5:00 P.M. You may also arrive prior to the training start time of 8:45 A.M. on July 13. The course will wrap up around 3 P.M. on July 16. All times listed are in the Mountain time zone. Two optional Zoom calls (about 2 weeks prior and 1 week after) round out the training with opportunities to meet the faculty and reflect on your experience.
Each trainee must register with Sunrise separately, as they charge by the bed, not by the room, and this price also includes all of the meals you will be receiving during the training. We require all trainees to stay onsite for the duration of the training course to ensure safety and support group cohesion. Additionally, we do not allow family and friends to stay with you at Sunrise Ranch while you are in your training experience, as this is disruptive to the container.
COVID-19 Safety Policy (Revised 7/23/22)
PRATI is monitoring event guidelines from the CDC and Colorado health authorities to ensure our KAP Training follows current COVID-19 safety recommendations. Due to the rapidly changing nature of the COVID-19 pandemic, this policy may be revised at any time.
COVID-19 Safety Requirements:
- All training participants must present results of a negative COVID test (PCR or rapid antigen) to PRATI staff on the first day of the program in order to participate. Tests must be taken within 48 hours of the training start time. A photo of a negative test result is sufficient.
- We recommend that training participants have received a primary vaccination series for COVID-19.
- Per recent updates to local health agency guidelines, face coverings will be optional during indoor portions of the program.
To further ensure safety, we will be conducting temperature and symptom checks at the beginning of each training day. High-touch surfaces will be disinfected regularly. We ask that all attendees help out by maintaining good hygiene as they move throughout the training spaces. As PRATI does not have control over COVID-19 policies across the Sunrise Ranch campus, we encourage everyone to stay within the KAP Training cohort to minimize possibilities for transmission.
Please note these additional COVID-19 safety policies:
- If you have a known exposure to COVID-19 within one week of the training start date, you must receive a negative COVID test before arriving and alert PRATI staff about this situation. We will have Rapid Antigen tests available and may require you to take a test periodically, per discretion of medical staff.
- If possible, we recommend participants travel by car rather than flying to minimize the likelihood of infection during your travels. If you will be traveling by plane, we encourage you to wear a face covering throughout your travels to reduce the possibility of COVID-19 infection.
- If you develop COVID-19 symptoms at any point during the training, we request that you notify a PRATI staff member immediately.
- If you test positive for COVID-19 within one week of the training start date, PRATI will work with you to address the situation, including the option of a refund of your tuition fees (minus deposit). We are unable to reimburse for any associated travel or lodging costs in this event. Travel insurance is strongly recommended to cover expenses in case of illness.
We trust that all attendees will act in good faith to protect the safety and wellbeing of the group. COVID-19 liability waivers must be signed during onsite registration in order to participate in the training. Thank you for helping make this event as safe as possible!