Ketamine-assisted Psychotherapy Training
For updates on PRATI webinars, trainings and other announcements join our mailing list.
KAP Training Program
PRATI believes that ketamine is the best tool to learn the fundamentals of practicing psychedelic medicine. Join our experienced community of ketamine-assisted psychotherapy (KAP) providers to learn about this powerful modality and use ketamine as a jumping-off point to explore the transformative potential of psychedelic therapy. Our KAP Training program incorporates practical skills, clinical research, and supported ketamine experiences to inform and empower you in this emerging field.
Registration Now Open For
Training Sold Out
Join Waiting List
Upcoming Foundational KAP 2024 Training Dates
Registration for these 2024 training dates are not yet on sale, and are subject to change. Please make sure that you are on our mailing list in order to receive updates about these trainings. All trainings go on sale on the posted date at 9 AM Mountain Standard Time.
- March 27th - 31st
- July 3rd - 7th
- September 11th - 15th
- October 23rd - 27th
What you will learn
PRATI’s immersive KAP training approach combines didactic presentations with experiential components in a retreat-style setting. The training experience involves work in dyads as well as large and small groups, offering a variety of opportunities for connection and learning. Over the four days, we will co-create a container for deep personal and professional growth supported by PRATI’s expert faculty and catalyzed by your own exploration of ketamine medicine. As group cohesion and safety is a vital component of the training, we require all participants to stay on-site at the venue throughout the duration of the course.
In addition to preparing you for the clinical application of ketamine-assisted psychotherapy, this unique program provides a grounding in the foundations of psychedelic medicine. Participants will gain practical skills and hands-on knowledge including:
- Two optional ketamine experiences (intramuscular and sublingual) supported by a fellow trainee and contingent upon medical approval.
- KAP and psychedelic medicine preparation and integration.
- Guiding clients through non-ordinary states of consciousness.
- Tools for eliciting transformative sessions.
- Role of music and playlist creation in KAP.
- Clinical care of severely depressed and suicidal individuals.
- Best practices for dosing and routes of administration.
- Considerations of ethics and diversity within KAP and psychedelic medicine.
- Discussion of set and setting, ceremony and ritual aspects for KAP.
- Nature-relatedness and systems change facilitated by psychedelic medicines.
- Community building and networking opportunities.
PRATI’s Ketamine-Assisted Psychotherapy (KAP) Training Program is designed for mental health professionals or medical providers who are clinically licensed/registered and will be able to practice ketamine-assisted psychotherapy in their work. Candidates for the PRATI KAP Training Program must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Active licensure or registration as a behavioral health or medical professional in good standing.
- Demonstrate at least 1,000 hours of direct experience providing medical or behavioral health services.
Current graduate students must be within 6 months of graduation at the start of the training date to be eligible for this program.
PRATI recognizes that practitioners interested in KAP may come from a variety of backgrounds and orientations in medical and behavioral health care. Eligible fields of practice include: mental health professionals, medical professionals, social workers, counselors, chaplains, and hospice workers. If you are unsure about your eligibility, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org before registering. If it is determined that you do not meet eligibility requirements, your registration may be canceled and your deposit forfeited.
All waitlists are event/date specific and can be accessed on the training registration page. You will only be contacted if a space opens up for the specific training requested. Waitlists do not carry over to subsequent trainings. To receive email updates about future KAP training dates, please subscribe to our mailing list by selecting “Sign Up for Updates” from our homepage.
Our KAP Training courses are held in-person over four consecutive days. Training dates, times, and locations are specific to each course. Please visit the Upcoming KAP Trainings area of our website for more information.
- $2,985 – Professionals (LPC, LCSW, LMFT, PhD, APN, NP, PA, RN, etc.)
- $4,430 – Physicians (MD, DO)
- $500 Scholarship Ticket (Professionals or Physicians)**
*Subject to change.
**See SCHOLARSHIPS for qualifications.
- If you cancel more than 60 days prior to the training start date, you will receive a full refund of tuition fees, minus deposit.
- If you cancel after the full payment deadline up to 2 weeks from the training start date, you will be refunded 50% of tuition fees, minus deposit.
- Cancellations 2 weeks or less from the training start date forfeit all of the tuition fees.
PRATI’s KAP Training Scholarship Program aims to address the racial wealth gap in the United States and the intersectionality of health status, economic inequality, and marginalization by race. To this end, our Scholarship program places a strong priority on BIPOC identities when making award decisions.
If you are interested in a scholarship, please purchase a Scholarship Ticket and you will be sent a link to fill out the application. As a limited number of scholarships and application slots are available, please only apply if you would otherwise be unable to afford this training. We ask that all scholarship awardees pay the $500 deposit as an investment in this training. Please note that scholarships do not include food or lodging fees.
Deadlines for scholarship applications are listed within course registration pages. Applicants will be contacted once scholarship award decisions have been made. Scholarship applicants not chosen will receive a full refund for their application deposit. Please only apply for one training scholarship opportunity at a time!
Focus and Priorities
- To make our KAP Training a more accessible event we are offering 4 scholarships, with a BIPOC prioritization, for those in need. These are intended for practitioners who want to attend but are genuinely not able to afford our standard pricing. For those who are financially comfortable, we ask that you value the effort and expense it takes to produce these trainings and pay our standard rates.
- The scholarship application form is not a “test” of need.
- Please do not consider application questions about personal identities, education, and licensure as definitive reflections of your lived or professional experience.
- We ask questions about racial and ethnic identities as part of our goal to measure and improve the diversity of the community we serve. These questions are optional, and when answered, are only one factor among many that are considered.
Decisions and Notifications
- We currently have limited resources and a small team to review scholarship applications and ask for patience during the time of review.
- We regret that we cannot approve all applications or provide status updates or individual feedback on applications or award decisions.
- We consider a variety of factors and involve multiple people in the decision-making process.
The majority of our KAP training programs are held in Loveland, Colorado at Sunrise Ranch. Please review accommodation details on the check-out page specific to each training. **Tuition price does not include accommodations or meals.
In addition to making tuition payment to PRATI, all participants must register with Sunrise Ranch separately, as they charge by the bed, not by the room. This payment will also includes all of the meals you will be receiving during the training.Accommodation options include shared and private rooms. We require all trainees to stay onsite for the duration of the training course to ensure safety and support group cohesion. Additionally, we do not allow family and friends to stay with trainees at Sunrise Ranch during the training experience, as this is disruptive to the container.
This training blew me away. I did not expect it to be so full of heart and so full of practical, clinical skill building tools as a therapist. I feel confident that I am capable of integrating KAP into my practice after this weekend and supported by the staff at PRATI throughout the process. I would highly recommend this training.
The psychedelic renaissance happening now is brings with it much excitement as well as many challenges.The level of leadership, professionalism, knowledge (and playfulness) exhibited in this training is unmatched in this field. After nine years as a therapist, I have a new found enthusiasm and hope for the future of mental health and overall well-being.
PRATI provides an exceptional training in ketamine and psychedelic-assisted therapy. The training included a well-rounded body of information on all aspects of psychedelic work. PRATI holds an obviously high standard of ethics, integrity, knowledge and research, and the facilitators created a safe, fun, and connected learning environment that supported both intellectual knowledge and embodied experience. I left feeling competent and ready to bring this work into my practice.