For updates on PRATI webinars, trainings and other announcements join our mailing list.
KAP Training Program
PRATI believes that ketamine is the best tool to learn the fundamentals of practicing psychedelic medicine. Join our experienced family of ketamine-assisted psychotherapy (KAP) providers to learn about this powerful modality and use ketamine as a jumping-off point to explore the transformative potential of psychedelic therapy. Our KAP Training program incorporates practical skills, clinical research, and supported ketamine experiences to inform and empower you in this emerging field.
Registration Now Open For
Training Sold Out
Upcoming 2022 KAP Training Dates
Registration for the following training dates are not yet on sale. Registration will begin for each date approximately 3 months prior to the training date. Please make sure that you are on our mailing list in order to receive updates about these trainings.
- – September 15–18
- – November 3–6
What you will learn
PRATI’s immersive KAP training approach combines didactic presentations with experiential components in a retreat-style setting. The training experience involves work in dyads as well as large and small groups, offering a variety of opportunities for connection and learning. Over the four days, we will co-create a container for deep personal and professional growth supported by PRATI’s expert faculty and catalyzed by your own exploration of ketamine medicine. As group cohesion and safety is a vital component of the training, we require all participants to stay on-site at the venue throughout the duration of the course.
In addition to preparing you for the clinical application of ketamine-assisted psychotherapy, this unique program provides a grounding in the foundations of psychedelic medicine. Participants will gain practical skills and hands-on knowledge including:
- Two optional ketamine experiences (intramuscular and sublingual) supported by a fellow trainee and contingent upon medical approval.
- KAP and psychedelic medicine preparation and integration.
- Guiding clients through non-ordinary states of consciousness.
- Tools for eliciting transformative sessions.
- Role of music and playlist creation in KAP.
- Clinical care of severely depressed and suicidal individuals.
- Best practices for dosing and routes of administration.
- Considerations of ethics and diversity within KAP and psychedelic medicine.
- Discussion of set and setting, ceremony and ritual aspects for KAP.
- Nature-relatedness and systems change facilitated by psychedelic medicines.
- Community building and networking opportunities.
PRATI’s Ketamine-Assisted Psychotherapy (KAP) Training Program is designed for mental health professionals or medical providers who are clinically licensed/registered and will be able to practice ketamine-assisted psychotherapy in their work. Candidates for the PRATI KAP Training Program must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Active licensure or registration as a behavioral health or medical professional in good standing.
- Demonstrate at least 1,000 hours of direct experience providing medical or behavioral health services.
Current graduate students must be within 6 months of graduation at the start of the training date to be eligible for this program.
PRATI recognizes that practitioners interested in KAP may come from a variety of backgrounds and orientations in medical and behavioral health care. Eligible fields of practice include: mental health professionals, medical professionals, social workers, counselors, chaplains, somatic practitioners, and hospice workers. If you are unsure about your eligibility, please contact us at email@example.com before registering. If it is determined that you do not meet eligibility requirements, your registration may be canceled and your deposit forfeited.
All waitlists are event/date specific and can be accessed on the training registration page. You will only be contacted if a space opens up for the specific training requested. Waitlists do not carry over to subsequent trainings. To receive email updates about future KAP training dates, please subscribe to our mailing list by selecting “Sign Up for Updates” from our homepage.
Our KAP Training courses are held in-person over four consecutive days. Training dates, times, and locations are specific to each course. Please visit the Upcoming KAP Trainings area of our website for more information.
- $2,950 – Professionals (LPC, LCSW, LMFT, PhD, APN, PA, etc.)
- $4,375 – Physicians (MD, DO)
- $500 Scholarship Ticket (Professionals or Physicians)**
*Subject to change.
**See SCHOLARSHIPS for qualifications.
- If you cancel more than 60 days prior to the training start date, you will receive a full refund of tuition fees, minus deposit.
- If you cancel after the full payment deadline up to 2 weeks from the training start date, you will be refunded 50% of tuition fees, minus deposit.
- Cancellations 2 weeks or less from the training start date forfeit all of the tuition fees.
PRATI believes ketamine-assisted psychotherapy should be made inclusive and accessible to all people regardless of race, gender, socioeconomic status, or marginalized identities. Scholarships are available for our KAP Trainings based on financial need, BIPOC or other marginalized identities, and a commitment to serving disadvantaged communities.
We acknowledge the facts of a racial wealth gap existing in the United States and the intersectionality of health status, economic inequality, and marginalization by race, especially among black and Hispanic populations. While our Scholarship program is open to all applicants, we take these factors into account when making our award decisions.
If you are interested in a scholarship, please purchase a Scholarship Ticket and you will be sent a link to fill out the application. As a limited number of scholarships and application slots are available, please only apply if you would otherwise be unable to afford this training. We ask that all scholarship awardees pay the $500 deposit as an investment in this training. Please note that scholarships do not include food or lodging fees.
Deadlines for scholarship applications are listed within course registration pages. Applicants will be contacted once scholarship award decisions have been made. Scholarship applicants not chosen will receive a full refund for their application deposit. Please only apply for one training scholarship opportunity at a time!
The majority of our KAP training programs are held in Loveland, Colorado at Sunrise Ranch. Please review accommodation details on the check-out page specific to each training. **Tuition price does not include accommodations or meals.
This training blew me away. I did not expect it to be so full of heart and so full of practical, clinical skill building tools as a therapist. I feel confident that I am capable of integrating KAP into my practice after this weekend and supported by the staff at PRATI throughout the process. I would highly recommend this training.